13 ways to increase your body energy instantly
Try these 13 energy-boosting hacks to feel refreshed and gain energy instantly:
- Never skip your breakfast: Breaking the fast should be your priority if you need instant energy. People who eat breakfast report less fatigue and stay highly energized throughout the day. Opting for high fiber and protein foods can help you stay refreshed all day long. High-fiber foods such as oats reduce your hunger pangs that are responsible for low energy.
- Grab a cinnamon stick: The scent of a cinnamon stick can charge you instantly and make you more alert. If there is no cinnamon at your place, try whiffing a mint. Peppermint’s sweet aroma can have a positive effect on your energy levels. However, more evidence is required to support the use of a cinnamon stick or mint aromas to boost energy.
- Soak in some sunlight: A quick walk in broad and clear daylight can enhance your mood instantly. If going out is impossible, you can open your shades and soak in sunlight. Sunlight helps you wake up and restore your energy levels. Other advantages of getting some sunlight include:
- Increased memory
- Ability to grasp new information
- Improved self-esteem
- Sing it aloud: When feeling low, play your favorite song and sing along. Singing can make you emotionally high and drastically reduce your circulating stress hormone levels. If you are at your workplace, look out for safer options to avoid public stares.
- Sip a glass of water: Dehydration can leave you fatigued. Try to maintain your hydration level by drinking sufficient water if not eight glasses of water. You are drinking sufficient water if you aren’t thirsty and your urine is light-colored. Try keeping a large water bottle in hand and start each meal with a big glass of water. It will keep you energized at all hours.
- Try a power nap: A short stint of sleep in the afternoon can instantly recharge you. Sleeping for 20 to 30 minutes in the afternoon can rejuvenate you. However, sleeping longer than 30 minutes can have a reversing effect and make you feel even more tired rather than energizing you. Longer daytime naps can negatively affect your nighttime sleep.
- Load in some nuts: Stack in some almonds and peanuts to eat when you are feeling groggy. Eating a handful of nuts can provide magnesium and folic acid necessary for energy and cell production. Deficiency in magnesium and folic acid can leave you always feeling exhausted.
- Get moving: Exercise would be the last thing on your mind when you are super tired. However, exercise can kick you when you need it the most. Many research has proved the benefits of exercise and its role in boosting energy. Exercise can pump oxygen-rich blood to your heart, muscles, and brain. Hence, regular exercise even for 10 minutes daily can pump up your energy. Some of the benefits of regular exercise include:
- Provides a greater sense of self-confidence
- Improves working efficiency of the hearts, lungs, and muscles
- Provides more energy and stamina for any type of activity
- Relax your mind or strike a pose: Yoga benefits a person because it helps increase energy. Because yoga uses different postures and deep breathing for exercise, they are beneficial in boosting energy. Yoga can promote a sense of well-being and overall energy. Stress can exhaust you physically and mentally and erode energy. Mind relaxation techniques can reduce stress hormones and boost energy.
- Eat often: Eating small meals throughout the day can keep you active throughout the day. Smaller meals can prevent fluctuation of blood sugar. Opt for whole grains and other complex carbohydrates because they are slow to digest and thus prevent sugar spikes. On the contrary, refined foods, caffeine, or energy drinks can provide an instant energy boost but causes fluctuations in blood sugar levels in the longer term.
- Have a power snack: Power snacking can provide fuel to your brain and prevent fuzzy feelings. It is much more than eating in-between meals. A combination of protein, little fat, and some fiber can provide energy that would last throughout the day. Some examples of a perfect treat include:
- Peanut butter on a whole-wheat cracker
- Yogurt with a handful of nuts
- Granola with fresh berries
- Banana slices with peanut butter
- Make a latte: Pair your coffee with some milk to make it a protein drink. Milk can provide essential protein and calcium to your body and gives you extra energy to sail through the day. Combining your latte with some almonds can provide the necessary fats to keep you going for the day.
- Hang out with your upbeat friend: Spending some time with your buoyant friend can boost your energy. Their positive energy can be infectious and lift your mood. Negative people can sap your energy and can leave you weary all day.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Top How Can I Increase My Body Energy Instantly Related Articles
7 Reasons You Are Tired After SurgeryPostsurgical fatigue is normal and is due to a variety of factors. Depression, stress, and anxiety may produce fatigue. Sleep deficits, certain medications, anemia, blood loss, fasting, and loss of electrolytes and minerals associated with surgery can also produce fatigue. Exercise, physical exertion, aging, and the overall health status of patients are additional factors that play a role in making people feel tired after surgery.
Fatigue Causes SlidesAlways feeling tired? Learn more about the causes of fatigue. Get tips to relieve symptoms of fatigue. Feel less tired and start living awake and refreshed.
Chronic Fatigue QuizExhausted all the time? Maybe it's not all in the mind. Take the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Quiz to learn more about tricky condition.
Chronic Fatigue SlidesWhat is chronic fatigue syndrome? CFS can occur at any age for men or women. Learn more about the causes of CFS, as well as tests and treatments associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.
Can Foods Sap Your Energy?Food is fuel. But some of the things you eat may backfire and crash your energy before long. Find out which ones might do that.
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental and physical). The causes of fatigue are generally related to a variety of conditions or diseases, for example, anemia, mono, medications, sleep problems, cancer, anxiety, heart disease, and drug abuse.Treatment of fatigue is generally directed toward the condition or disease that is causing the fatigue.
How Can I Get My Energy Back?Ways to get your energy back include a good diet, getting exercise, and working on your mental health.
How Do You Get Energy When You Have Lupus?If you are struggling with lupus fatigue, there are things you can do to boost your energy levels, such as making dietary changes and exercising regularly.
What Is the Best Energy Booster?Markets are flooded with products and supplements that claim to boost your energy levels, but there's little evidence that they work. A healthy lifestyle with adequate sleep, regular exercise and nutritious diet is what one needs to stay active and energized.
Why Are Energy Shots Bad for You?Energy shots can be bad for you because they contain extreme amounts of caffeine, are bad for your health, and could cause safety hazards.