Trending Menopause Topics
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop. Menopause symptoms include hot flashes, night sweats, irregular vaginal bleeding, vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, weight gain, mood swings and urinary incontinence. Treatment of menopausal symptoms varies.
Menopause affects every woman in time, and although it's not a disease, menopause can have a big effect on a woman's health. Watch this slideshow to learn about the causes, side effects, treatments, and complications of menopause.
Related Disease Conditions
Natural Remedies for Hot Flashes
Hot flashes are experienced by many women, especially at night. However, not all women undergoing menopause experience hot...
At What Age Should You Stop Birth Control?
If you don’t want to get pregnant, you should be taking birth control up until menopause. But the age range for reaching...
What Are the Disadvantages of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)?
HRT helps to reduce menopause symptoms. But there can be disadvantages too. These disadvantages may include the risks associated...
Does Sex Drive Return After Menopause?
Menopause is defined as when you haven’t had your periods for 12 consecutive months. You should accept the fact that it is normal...
Can Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Help You Lose Weight and Make You Look Younger?
Research has found that there's no difference in weight gain between women taking HRT and those not taking it. HRT can improve...
Hot flashes (or flushing) is the most common symptom experienced by a woman prior to and during the early stages of menopause,...
How Do I Know If My Night Sweats Are Serious?
You’ll know that your night sweats are serious if your night sweats occur regularly, keep you from sleeping well, and come along...
How Does a Man Deal With Menopause?
Many men do not fully understand menopause or feel comfortable talking about it. Learn about 5 ways men can help their partners...
How Long Can a Woman Stay on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)?
HRT can be taken continuously or in cycles. The FDA recommends hormonal replacement therapy should be used at the lowest dose,...
What Happens During Menopause?
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop, also called the "change of life." Menopause...
Sex and Menopause (What to Expect)
Menopause is often associated with a change in sexual functioning. Loss of estrogen, bladder control issues, anxiety, stress,...
Perimenopause is the time in a woman's life when she is approaching menopause. During this time a woman starts to develop...
Premature menopause is when menopause occurs in a woman before the age of 40. Causes of premature menopause include premature...
Sex and Menopause
Vaginal Dryness and Vaginal Atrophy
Vaginal dryness and vaginal atrophy occurs in women during perimenopause, menopause, and postmenopause. With vaginal atrophy, the...
What Are the 40 Symptoms of Menopause?
Menopause is the end of the reproductive era of a woman’s life that is characterized by drastic changes in her emotional and...
What Are the Side Effects of Black Cohosh?
People in the US and Europe have used the herb black cohosh since ancient times for a variety of illnesses ranging from cough and...
What Are the Signs of Starting Menopause?
Learn the five signs that may indicate a woman is starting menopause....
What Is the Average Age a Woman Stops Menstruating?
The menstrual cycle is a series of hormone-regulated changes that a woman's body goes through to get it ready for a possible...
What Menopause Does To Your Brain
Menopause is a time when you transition from one phase of your life to the next. This change will happen physically as well as...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Menopause Quiz: Symptoms & Signs
The Menopause Quiz challenges your knowledge about the time in a woman’s life when menstruation ceases. Menopause can bring many...
Menopause & Perimenopause: Symptoms, Signs
What is menopause? What are the signs of menopause? What age does menopause start? Learn about menopause and perimenopause...
Women's Health: 11 Supplements for Menopause
11 supplements and herbs for hot flashes and other menopause symptoms are shown in this slideshow from WebMD....
Women's Health: Myths About Menopause
Menopause myths tell you that hormones make you irritable, your sex life is over, and weight gain is inevitable. Get the facts...
Women's Health: What You Should Know About HRT
Hormone-replacement therapy (HRT) can help some women with the hot flashes and sleep issues that menopause can bring. But it’s...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Hormone Creams - Safe & Effective
- Are Night Sweats a Sign of Menopause?
- Ask the Experts - Menopause
- Can Soy Help Menopause Symptoms?
- Can You Go Through Menopause at 40?
- How Is Menopause Diagnosed After a Hysterectomy?
- Do All Women Get Menopause?
- Do I Need Birth Control After Menopause?
- Do You Get More UTIs During Menopause?
- Does Menopause Affect Memory?
- Does Menopause Cause High Blood Pressure?
- Does Menopause Cause Pain During Sex?
- Does Perimenopause Cause Mood Swings?
- Hormone Therapy in Survivors of Breast Cancer
- Menopausal Hormone Therapy . . . Current Concepts
- Hormone Therapy - HRT, HT, ET, EPT, What Does it All Mean?
- Male Menopause
- Can You Still Get Menopause After Hysterectomy?
- Menopause Symptoms
- Do Soy Isoflavones Treat Menopause Hot Flashes?
- Does Vaginal Moisture Change During Perimenopause?
- How Does Menopause Affect Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)?
- Menopause: 10 Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- Menopause: Home Menopause Test Kits, Are They Worth It?
- What Causes Post-Menopausal Bleeding When Taking HRT?
- Thyroid Disease and Menopause
Medications & Supplements
- alendronate, Fosamax, Binosto
- Bijuva (estradiol and progesterone)
- conjugated equine estrogens and medroxyprogesterone acetate, Prempro, Premphase
- conjugated estrogens vaginal cream (Premarin Vaginal Cream)
- esterified estrogens (Menest)
- esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone, Estratest, Estratest HS
- estradiol, Alora, Climara, Delestrogen, Depo-Estradiol, Divigel, Elestrin, Estrace, and Others
- estrogens (synthetic)-vaginal cream
- estrogens conjugated (Premarin)
- estrogens conjugated synthetic (Cenestin)
- Conjugated Estrogens (Cenestin, Enjuvia, Estrace, and Others)
- estropipate, Ogen
- flibanserin (Addyi)
- medroxyprogesterone (Depo-Provera)
- methyltestosterone w/ estrogen - oral, Estratest
- paroxetine (Brisdelle)
- progesterone (Prometrium)
- Evista (raloxifene)
Prevention & Wellness
- Menopause and Mental Health
- Menopause and Sleep
- Menopause FAQs
- Menopause Not Just For Women
- Menopause Sex Problems: Blame Hormones
- Menopause Symptoms: Natural Solutions
- Menopause Treatment: Talking with Your Doctor
- Menopause: Hot Flashes, Cursed Forever?
- Menopause: Talking With Your Doctor
- Menopause: What it is, What to do
- Menopause's Secret Symptom